Is it just "good fun" for adults to tease little children about having a boyfriend/girlriend?


For generations adults have teased young children about having opposite sex romantic relationships. I think I was between 3 and 5 when one day my family of 10 started teasing me about having a girlfriend.  I felt assaulted, humiliated and overwhelmed.  I recall running into the kitchen and grabbing a yard stick and bringing it into the living room waving it around and thinking I wanted to hit anyone  making fun of me.

  I resolved at that moment  I would never be attracted to girls or have a girlfriend.  For the next several years I frequently expressed my distaste for girls and  insisted I would never be atttracted to them.  I tried to foster anger towards girls and make myself hate them.  In my late teens I tried to do the same thing with men when I found I was attracted to them.

Well,  I did end up being attracted  to girls despite my best efforts.  In the meantime I resisted and rebuffed any attraction girls displayed to me and told them firmly , "I don't like girls".  The whole thing messed with my mind and I think contributed to great difficulty in trying to "court" females I was attracted to that I never overcame. I'm pretty angry with my family for humiliating a little child like that with taunting and making me socially maladapted. I'm sure they thought it was all good fun, but it was pretty destructive for me.

Society accepts this child abuse as though its harmless good fun.  And then Tony Perkins and Wyatt/Regina try to foment panic and hatred towards gays because allowing them to live openly will allegedly encourage children to try being gay or become  gay when they otherwise wouldn't be. 

Trying to direct or mold a child's sexuality or gender identity only messes that child up.  Seeing everything that is natural for humans, including gayness, is necessary to allow all children to be who they are.  Parents, you don't have the moral right to control who your children love or how they represent themselves to society and many children are damaged by parents attempting to do this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why gayness can never be eliminated or even reduced in the human race

How I Suppressed And Then Accepted My Attraction to Males

A Zygote or a Fetus Is Not a Person